Nevada Music Educators Association
2018 Hughes & Jones Music Fund Grant
Charles L. Hughes and Alvin C. Jones founded the Hughes & Jones Music Fund in 2006 with the sole purpose of funding musical instruments for Nevada’s public schools. The goal was to make musical instruments available to students who might not otherwise be able to afford them and enable local schools to maintain the ownership for student use for years.
RFP Calendar Cycle:
- Rural Counties in Spring of Odd Years
- Clark & Washoe Counties in Spring of Even Years
- Total of $100,000 available for Musical Instruments
- RFP Released January 2018, Monday 29th
- RFP Due March 28th 5pm
- $5,000 maximum
- 1 proposal accepted per Program, i.e. Orchestra, Band, Jazz Ensemble, Mariachi, etc.
Grant Application download:
The Hughes & Jones Music Fund is a component of the Nevada Community Foundation and can be accessed at nevadacf.org. The RFP will be available to download on January 29, 2018.